I really like the floral stamps from Woodware – they’re nice big images and stamp really well so I thought I’d use the one I recently bought for this card. This is similar to another card I made a few weeks back in the way that I roughly coloured the image using Distress Oxides and made it on kraft cardstock.
I decided to use the stamp to make a background rather than just the one image so used different parts of it to make it less repetitive. I stamped in black ink on a 7×5 piece of kraft coloured cardstock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder after stamping each part of the card.
As I said before, I roughly coloured this in using finger daubers and some Oxide inks – I didn’t mind going over the lines or anything – I just wanted a bit of colour on the card and like the way this looks on the kraft cardstock.
For the ‘eclipse’ part of the card I decided to cut out the sentiment using a big ‘Best Wishes’ die I have. I positioned it using a t-square ruler to try and get it as even as I could and then cut it out from the background, making sure to save the bits from the middle of the letters.
I cut out the sentiment a few more times from some card scraps and stacked them up to make it quite thick.
I then trimmed down my background so it would leave a small border around the edge of a 7″ x 5″ card base and glued it down. I then stuck the stacked sentiment back into the middle of the card, making sure I put the bits I saved from the middle of the letters back in.
I thought it got a bit lost in the busy background so then lightly went over it with some white pigment ink so it stood out a bit more.
I added a smaller sentiment strip stuck up on foam tape and finally added some Nuvo Jewel Drops in the middle of each flower.
And that was my card done!
Thanks for looking
- Kraft-coloured card from Papermill Direct
- Kraft card base from The Works
- Floral Wonder stamp from Woodware
- Altenew ‘Obsidian’ black ink
- Clear embossing powder from Wow!
- Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Peeled Paint, Wilted Violet, Shaded Lilac, Cracked Pumpkin, Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Dried Marigold and Squeezed Lemonade
- Big Best Wishes die from Mama Elephant
- Yeti white pigment ink from Lawn Fawn
- ‘on your birthday’ sentiment from Purple Onion Designs Carnival Marquee
- Nuvo Jewel Drops in Limoncello, Rosewater, and Pale Periwinkle