I had a cover die I recently bought with some windows and shutters on so thought this would be a good way to cover the ‘window’ part. I have a few dog-related stamp sets but went for the My Favourite Things one which I don’t have dies for. Because of this, once I’d cut out my cover panel, I took another piece of card and measured the windows where I’d have to stamp the dogs so it looked like they were looking out of the windows.
I then coloured the dogs in and gave each one a different coloured background:-
Before I stuck this to the back of my cover panel I wanted to stencil the cover panel. So I masked off the windows and used a brick stencil and some Distress Ink to create a townhouse effect.
I didn’t like the look of the doors so used the cover die again to get some new ‘shutters’ which I coloured with Distress Oxide ink. I then glued them onto the cover panel.
I stuck my dog panel onto the back of the cover making sure the dogs lined up in the windows properly. I used double-sided tape to stick it down.
Finally I added a sentiment strip and a few Nuvo Jewel Drops.
I think this is quite cute!
Thanks for looking 🙂
- Kraft coloured cardstock from Papermill Direct
- White cardstock from Cowling & Wilcox
- Dogs from “Lucky Dog” stamp set from My Favorite Things
- Four Window Cover Plate from Catherine Pooler
- Brick stencil from eBay
- Distress Ink in Fired Brick
- Distress Oxide in Weathered Wood
- Promarkers used to colour the dogs/background
- Nuvo Jewel Drops in Orange Marmalade and Limoncello