I got a new stamp from Alinacraft which I was dying to use. It’s a huge flower and pretty much covers a whole 6 x 6″ card so it was perfect for off-the-edge stamping.
I stamped using black Altenew Obsidian ink and then heat embossed with clear powder.
I coloured the image in using brush pens. Assuming the image is a sunflower I went for oranges/yellows. I liked how in some of the white areas the clear embossing powder had fell into them so resisted the markers a bit. I then hand-cut the image out (it wasn’t that tricky with the image being so big).
To make the background, I used my card base which was a 6 x 6″ ready-cut base. I masked off the back and picked a stencil from my stash. I used Distress Oxide inks in Scattered Straw through the stencil then lightly went over with a bit of Old Paper just to mute the brightness a little bit. I put some Dried Marigold onto an acrylic block, watered it down and used a dry paintbrush to flick some splatters onto the background.
I used foam tape to stick the flower onto the card; I did want to put it on the left hand side but as is my usual scatty self of late, I didn’t have the card base the right way round and stuck it on the bottom! I really need to learn to concentrate more…
Anyway, cracking on, I found some textured scrap card that I thought had a nice match to the background stencil and coloured this with Dried Marigold distress oxide so as not to bring in any new colours.
Once dried, I stamped my sentiment in black ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I cut out the sentiment and gave it some fish-tails and used foam pads to stick to the card. Finally I added some clear embellishments.
I love this stamp I’m going to use it a lot. It’s great to colour and I can definitely practice my watercolour painting using it.
Thanks for looking!
- White card from Limetree Craft
- 6 x 6″ card bases from Hobbycraft
- Altenew Obsidian Pigment Ink
- Clear embossing powder from WOW!
- Floral stamp from Alinacraft
- Arteza Brush Pens in Bumblebee Yellow, Sunset Yellow, Orange, and Coffee
- Sheena Douglass Sackcloth stencil
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks in Scattered Straw, Old Paper and Dried Marigold.
- Textured Cardstock from The Works
- ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment from Fuzzy Lemon
- Clear glass embellishments from Alinacraft