I needed a thank-you card so did my random number generator to get 3 things for inspiration, as usual.
I took some kraft-coloured cardstock and cut a panel down roughly 5.5 x 4.25″. I ran this through my embossing machine with a wood effect embossing folder.
I then took some distress ink in vintage photo and coloured it by just swiping the ink cube over it lightly. Because of the embossing it doesn’t colour the whole thing so makes a really realistic wooden look.
I took some ivory linen-effect cardstock and ripped out a small square-ish ‘poster’ where I would put my sentiment. I used the same distress ink to go round the edges and lightly over the surface to bring out the card’s texture. I stamped my ‘thank you’ which I heat embossed with clear powder.
I wanted it to look like it was nailed-on to the wood so positioned it where I wanted it to go while I stabbed a little hole in each corner through the sentiment sign and the wooden panel. I just did this with my piercing tool (and a big lump of putty rubber underneath). Then I took 4 Tim Holtz mini fasteners/brads which I put through the holes and fastened.
I trimmed this down so that there would be a border around it once I stuck to my 5.5″ x 4.25 card base, which I did with double-sided foam tape.
I felt this looked a bit plain and figured I needed a bit more colour (not to mention I needed to make this more ‘garden’ if I was going to stick to my 3 elements. So I cut out a strip of grass from a scrap of green card and also cut some leaves out of green and teal scraps using a leaf die. It still needed something else so I stamped and coloured a sunflower stamp which has 3 sunflowers. I hand-cut one of them out and arranged the greenery along the bottom of the card.
I really like this one and it was really easy and quick to make!
Thanks for looking,
- Kraft-coloured cardstock from Papermill Direct
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink cube in Vintage Photo
- ‘Wood Effect’ Embossing Folder free with a magazine
- Linen-effect card from The Works
- ‘Thank You’ sentiment from Big Greetings stamp set from Avery Elle
- Clear embossing powder from WOW!
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Fasteners
- Grass die from Lawn Fawn Meadow Border die set
- Leaf die from Lawn Fawn Stitched Flower Frame die set
- Sunflower cut out of Newton’s Nook Sunflower Days set
- Promarkers in Gold, Amber, Sunflower, Yellow, Bright Green, Meadow Green, Cocoa, Cinnamon