The first card I made, I stamped the cute pug from the Newton’s Nook ‘Pug Hugs’ set along with the party hat from the same set and coloured them in using Promarkers. I then masked the picture off and used a ‘paw print’ stencil and some Nuvo embellishment mousse to create some texture on the plain white card. I stuck this onto a 5.5″ x 4.25″ card base.
I finally stamped a sentiment from the same Pug Hugs set onto some vellum which I then wrapped around the bottom corner of the card.
For the second card, I die-cut a ‘hole’ from a piece of white cardstock. Behind this, I stamped a little dog from the ”Lucky Dog’ set by My Favourite Things. I recently got some new blendable coloured pencils so thought I’d give these a go – I haven’t coloured in with pencils for years! I’m not too worried that the colouring isn’t completely perfect – I quite like the ‘sketchy’ look they give.
I stuck the ‘hole’ on top of the coloured dog and then put this onto a white card base.
I thought this looked a bit plain so using some inks and the Faceted Turnabout stencil from Concord & 9th I created a flower shape around the hole.
I used a sentiment from the same stamp set as the dog and glued this onto the card with foam tape. Finally I added some yellow, green and peach Nuvo jewel drops. I really like how this one turned out 🙂
Materials Used for 1st card:-
- Newton’s Nook Pug Hugs stamp set
- Promarkers in Cool Grey 4, Cool Grey 5, Burnt Umber, Tan, Cinnamon, Turquoise & Petrol Blue
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Mother of Pearl
- Memento Black ink
Materials Used for 2nd card:-
- My Favourite Things Lucky Dog stamp set
- Derwent Academy coloured pencils
- ‘Hole’ die from Wish
- Concord & 9th Faceted Turnabout stencil
- Distress Oxide inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves
- Lawn Fawn ink in Peacock
- Nuvo Jewel Drops in Limoncello, Orange Marmalade and Key Lime