So I’ve started a planner in an attempt to get organised.
I was going to make my own planner pages for everything but realised how time-consuming this would be so found some really cute printable pages on Etsy. So I’ve bought some lovely blog planner pages, some monthly calendars and a whole load of meal planner pages.
The links to these Etsy shops are below. The great thing is they’re instant download so there’s no postage or waiting (and I’m very impatient.)
I did manage to make some of my own pages:-
My memory has turned to mush lately, so thought it would be a good idea to keep track of any docs/hospital appointments and remind myself when I need to re-order meds. I’ve done a very optimistic exercise plan and I’ve even created monthly cleaning pages (mainly because I bought some cute planner stamps and really wanted to use them!) but I’m going to try and stick to these plans as closely as possible! It’s good to have them all in one place rather than spinning around my head.
So in the spirit of actually starting these plans, I made the first meal from my meal plan last night. Spaghetti all’amatriciana. I’m pretty sure this isn’t the authentic Italian recipe but I had it in a restaurant many moons ago and assumed it would be simple enough to make and whenever I have made it, it’s tasted pretty much the same!
Ingredients for 2 are:-
- Spaghetti (totes obvs)
- 2 tsp olive oil (I used one flavoured with basil)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 6 rashers of smoked back bacon, trimmed of fat and chopped into slices
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (with only half of the juice)
- Salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the garlic and chilli flakes, fry for 1-2 mins
- Add the tomato puree and stir, let this fry for a couple of minutes
- Add the bacon and continue to cook until not pink anymore
- Add the tomatoes and let simmer for 5-10 mins. Season.
- I added some spinach at this point (I feel like I need the extra veg)
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to packet instructions. Once al dente, drain and add to the pan of sauce.
- Stir to coat the spaghetti with sauce.
- Serve with more cracked black pepper and some freshly grated parmesan. EAT.
If you wanted there to be more liquid then add all of the tomato juice from the tin, I just prefer it this way.
Well that’s one meal ticked off the list. I didn’t, however, do the planned exercises yesterday. All in good time…