So last year I made a boo-boo coz my boyfriend and I agreed not to bother on Valentine’s Day so I didn’t but he actually did so I felt really bad! I decided then I’d make sure I made him a card this year just in case!
I’ve been waiting for this Lawn Fawn stamp set for ages (it’s been out of stock whenever I’ve tried to buy it!) so when it became available I made sure I got it. I have had bad arthritis recently so didn’t manage to make a background myself (usually when doing a night sky I’d use Distress Inks and blend a few colours together) so I just used navy blue card.
I heat embossed the star constellations with silver embossing powder. I then stamped and coloured in the Fox and Rabbit and hand-cut them out (I don’t have the matching die set).
I cut a curve into some scrap paper and used it as a mask to create a small hill using some distress ink. I stuck the Fox & Rabbit on top of it using small foam squares.
I had some scrap paper strips from when I’d previously made a ‘galaxy’ style background so I used one for my sentiment from the same stamp set and heat embossed using Copper embossing powder. I stuck this the base of the ‘hill’.
Next I stuck the whole thing onto some dark pink/magenta(?) card that I’d cut for a base.
Finally I added some sequins.
I like the change from the traditional red Valentine so hope my boyfriend likes it! I know he’ll enjoy the dinner I’m going to cook him tomorrow (seriously, what man doesn’t like steak?!) so I won’t be a bad girlfriend this year!
I’m going to enter this into the following card challenges:-
Simon Says Stamp – “It Must Be Love” card challenge
Crafty Cardmakers – “Love and Romance” card challenge #205
Cards in Envy – “Love You So Much” card challenge
- Lawn Fawn Outside-In Stitched Rectangles to cut navy rectangle
- Lawn Fawn Upon A Star stamp set
- Silver embossing powder from Wow
- Copper embossing powder from Hero Arts
- Promarkers in Cool Grey 1, Cool Grey 2, Gold, Cinnamon
- Large & Small Star-shaped iridescent sequins from a shop in eBay
- Other iridescent sequins from Like Magic by Neat & Tangled
- Scrap paper coloured using Distress Inks in Black Soot, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers and Picked Raspberry and Ranger Liquid Pearls in White Opal