It was my colleague’s birthday the other day so I made him a ‘wallet’ card. Making cards for men can be hard sometimes since a lot of the ‘cute’ stamps and dies I have wouldn’t go down too well with a grown man; I usually end up making cards that are quite plain and simple so this card was a bit more creative.
I have decent linen cardstock which I thought would be a good surface. I coloured it using Distress Ink and then stamped it with ‘Happy Birthday’ – I like the way it’s a bit faded as it makes it look more ‘used’. I put a Tim Holtz split-pin on the side
Inside I created a window for the message one side and on the other a couple of slots for nik-naks.
I used acetate on the window to give it a proper look and made a couple of bits to go into the slots.
Finally I punch cut some ‘moths’ out to fall out the wallet and made an envelope (it was a weird size so didn’t have any standard ones!)
The person I made if for was really pleased with it and a few people at work liked it too so I’m glad I went to the effort!
- Linen Cardstock from The Works
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in ‘Vintage Photo’
- ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp from Avery Elle ‘Big Greetings’ stamp set
- Ticket stamp and Die from Lawn Fawn ‘Admit One’ set
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fasteners
- Butterfly punch from Hobbycraft
- Papermania ‘Mr Mister’ patterned paper (for envelope)