I’ve been dying to get back to making cards but my hands have been really bad so despite all of my plans, I’d not done anything this year yet. So… I decided to try and ease myself back in with a something pretty basic.
I had a look round for different card challenges and picked the Cake Walk challenge on the Stamp, Ink, Paper blog. I think the fact that I’m trying my best not to eat cake meant this stood out for me!
So I used stamped some white card with stamps from Lawn Fawn and coloured these in with Promarkers. I stuck this to a plain white folded card (5.5″ x 4 1/4″).
After that all I did was stamp the ‘Eat Cake Today’ sentiment from Waffle Flower on a strip of white card and then I stuck this to the front of the card with foam pads. I added some iridescent star sequins to finish the card off.
Thanks for looking!
- White card from Hunkydory ‘Ink Me! Professional Stamping Card’
- Cake stamps from Lawn Fawn ‘Year 3’ set
- Promarkers in Vanilla, Oatmeal, Lemon, Oatmeal, Duck Egg, Bluebell, Tea Green, Cocoa & Caramel
- Sentiment stamp from Waffle Flower ‘Eat Cake’ set
- Iridescent Star Sequins from a selection on eBay