For my second card challenge today I’ve made a card for the AAA Cards CAS game #95 challenge:-
I wanted to try a technique which I found on www.jennifermcguireink.com – I absolutely love this blog and find her cards, ideas and YouTube videos really inspirational.
I wanted to make elements of my card really sparkly but didn’t want to use my Wink of Stella (I fear it will run out soon!) I used Jennifer’s technique which was simple but effective:-
- Stick double-sided tape over my piece of card
- Sprinkle glitter all over the taped card
- Brandish the glitter using a bone folder to ingrain the glitter into the tape
- Colour over the card. I used my Promarkers to colour over the glittery surface and used the colours of the rainbow.
I didn’t have any clear glitter (which was what was used in the tutorial) so I used white glitter instead but I was still really pleased how it turned out. It’s hard to show on camera how shimmery the card is but here’s a picture anyway!
I used a gift tag die to cut out the shape from my glittery-rainbow paper.
I die cut my sentiment from black card and stuck this onto the rainbow tag. I then put some thread through the tag hole and I used double sided tape to adhere to my card.
The cardstock I used is a lovely textured linen cardstock. I really like using this for CAS cards as you get a little bit of texture where it would just be plain white space.
I finished the card off with a few silver rhinestones and a couple of tiny iridescent stones which mirror the rainbow colours when they hit the light.
- Gift tag Die Cut from eBay
- Happy Birthday sentiment from MFT Die-Namics
- White glitter from Hobbycraft
- Linen Cardstock, rhinestones and iridescent rhinestones from The Works
- Promarkers in Berry Red, Mandarin, Sunflower, Bright Green, Azure, Indigo Blue and Plum