I’ve had a look at all the cards in the CASology 5yr Anniversary Blog Hop and felt compelled to make my own ‘Balloon’ inspired card:-
I cut out the houses using the border die from Lawn Fawn out of white card and then did the same again from yellow card. I then put the white piece through my big shot with a polka dot embossing folder and pieced both parts together like a jigsaw on my card base.
I added a sentiment and used my clear Wink of Stella pen to hightlight one of the houses (you can’t see it that well on the picture!). I die cut my balloon from plain white card and then used distress ink to colour it in nice and brightly; I could have used coloured card but wanted the nice bright pink colour and didn’t have any card in pink. I put a wiggly ‘string’ line using a pink Promarker and stuck the balloon on using 3D foam pads.
I went over the balloon with Glossy Accents to give it a nice shiny 3D look and finally I added some sequins and that was it!
Nice and easy CAS card 🙂
- Lawn Fawn Little Town Border Cuts die
- Lawn Fawn Congrats Sentiment die
- Balloon die from Lawn Fawn Admit One die set
- Picked Raspberry Distress Ink
- Promarker in Antique Pink
- Polka Dots embossing folder from X-Cut
- Clear Wink of Stella pen
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Sequins from Neat & Tangled Spring Mix & Pixie Dust