The card I’ve made today is a card for my Mum’s friend’s 80th birthday. I decided to take inspiration from the challenge on The Card Concept blog. The idea for this challenge is ‘Fresh and Bold’ and the following image:-
I decided the orange and pink would be my focal point and also picked out the flowers (on the bedside table) and the black and white photographs.
I stamped some watercolour cardstock with a couple of floral stamps and I heat embossed the images with white embossing powder. I then used some distress inks and a watercolour brush pen to go over the card to highlight the flowers.
I die cut some filigree flowers directly from the embossed card and then cut the same flowers out from fluorescent pink and orange card which I put into the ‘holes’. I also cut a few more smaller flowers from the same fluorescent card and finally used a tiny flower punch to cut some black flowers to top them.
I used a stitch frame die on some white card and coloured the inside of the frame grey using ink and a blender. I stamped the stitched frame with black ink.
The sentiment was cut out of the fluorescent pink card and I cut out the number ’80’ using dies on the neon card.
I recently bought some neon pink and white spotted ribbon so cut a few strips of this and stuck onto the card underneath where the sentiment was going to be, I added some grey and white spotted washi tape over the top to contrast with the pink then stuck everything down.
I added a couple of embellishments and used my clear Wink of Stella pen on the sentiment. I used a white gel pen on the ’80’ to add some dots.
I hope my Mum’s friend likes the card! I know she likes flowers and bright colours so hopefully this will make her smile 🙂
- Watercolour card from an art shop
- Plain white cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Big flower stamp from my stash, small flower stamp from Lawn Fawn Summertime Charm stamp set
- White embossing powder from eBay
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral and Picked Raspberry
- Xcut Mini Filigree Flower die
- Xcut Mini die – nest of 3 flowers
- Xcut mini flower punch
- Xcut Happy Birthday die
- Tutti stitched rectangle die
- Number 8 an 0 die from numbers die set from eBay
- Memento Dew Drop Inks in London Fog and Tuxedo Black
- Silver embellishments from The Works
- Pink neon spotted ribbon from eBay
- Grey spotted washi tape from Paperchase
- Wink of Stella pen in clear
- Pentel white gel pen