The inspiration word for this week’s challenge on CASology is ‘GLISTEN’.
I didn’t add any layers and left the cardstock plain white. I used a piece of card that I had made into a ‘space’ background (using distress inks and some watered-down liquid pearls which I flicked on with a dry toothbrush) and die cut some small stars from it.
I attached these onto the card using tacky glue and stuck a couple on with some 3D foam squares for a bit of interest.
I added a couple of strips of glitter ribbon to the side to ‘frame’ the card.
For the sentiments I used two from the same set and heat embossed them with some black glitter powder.
Finally I went around the edge of each star with my clear Wink of Stella pen to make them glisten a bit more.
This was a pretty simple card to make and took only ten minutes or so to make.
Thanks for looking!
- White cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Memento Dew Drop ink in Tuxedo Black
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Mermaid Lagoon, Wilted Violet and Peacock Feathers
- Ranger Liquid Pearls in Silver Pearl
- Black Glitter Ribbon from Hobbycraft
- ‘Congratulations’ and ‘You’re a Star’ sentiments from Fuzzy Lemon – Star-Studded Birthday set
- Docraft 3D foam squares
- Tacky Glue from Hobbycraft
- Wink of Stella in Clear