For this card challenge on CAS(E) this Sketch! there was a nice layered sketch to follow:-
I built up layers as above using pink, purple, blue and black card; to make the ‘base’ layer fit in with my colour scheme I used Distress Ink on the white cardstock.
I thought glitter card every other layer would bring a bit of texture and also go with the sentiment that I chose.
I cut out a champagne glass die and used a star die on the black card to show the blue glitter card shining through. It’s had to see with my rubbish photos but this is a really nice effect – especially when the light catches it.
The sentiments were from separate stamp sets; I went over the smaller settlement with clear Wink of Stella and I used silver embossing powder on the main sentiment to stand out from the black background. I stuck the main sentiment onto the card with 3D foam squares.
This card was easy enough to make – it was just a case of measuring the card layers to make sure that they were roughly 1cm less than the previous layer.
- White cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in spun sugar
- Glitter and Purple/Black card from The Works
- Die from ‘Crafters Companion – Sara Davies ‘Together Forever Champagne Flute‘
- Star Die from MFT Die-Namics Coffee Cup
- ‘Wishing you a day that sparkles…’ sentiment from Reverse Confetti Unicorn Wishes
- Happy Birthday sentiment from ebay
- Wink of Stella in clear
- 3D foam squares from Dovecraft
Hopefully this will make someone a good birthday card!