I’ve made a card for two challenges today. The first is Paper Craft Crew where there was a sketch to follow:-
and the second is My Time to Craft where the theme is ‘Something New‘.
I made a New Baby card to cover these challenges. As my trimmer is broken (new one pending) I couldn’t do much layering so I inked the sky straight onto my cardstock using Distress Ink and Memento Dew Drop ink.
I then cut the grass using the Lawn Fawn Meadow Borders die. The clouds were cut to give some detail in the sky and I added a washing line using twine.
The baby grow and safety pin are from a die set by Fuzzy Lemon which I love! The baby grow has a heart motif on – to make this stand out I used Glossy Accents. I cut another safety pin from coloured paper to layer over the coloured part of it.
I then cut out ‘A New Baby’ from some small dies I have as I don’t actually have much of a ‘new baby’ sentiment collection! I wanted this to be for either a boy or a girl so wanted to keep it neutral.
Finally I ‘pegged’ the baby grow onto the washing line with some small wooden pegs and then added a few sequins to match the sketch.
Hope you like this!
Nearly forgot to put the materials I used…
- Plain white cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Salty Ocean and Memento Dew Drop ink in Summer Sky
- Cloud dies by MFT Die-namics
- Baby Grow & Safety Pin dies from Fuzzy Lemon Baby Set
- Black & White twine from The Works
- Sequins from Neat & Tangled Spring Mix
- Small Alphabet dies from Xcut
- Small wooden pegs from Hobbycraft