This card challenge is from Stamp, Ink and Paper and the theme is ‘Natural Elements’.
I decided to use a wood-grain effect embossing folder for the background which I inked up with a dark brown pigment ink before putting through my Big Shot.
I then went over any white parts with some Distress Inks just to get the colour a bit more natural.
I used a Lawn Fawn mason jar stamp on acetate which I cut out with the matching die. I also stamped the ‘lid’ part of the stamp on a separate piece of paper so I could colour this in silver before cutting out.
I couldn’t decide what to put in the jar – fruit, hearts, flowers… in the end I used the same stamp set and put fireflies inside. Again, I stamped on Acetate and cutout with the matching die. I coloured these in using Promarkers.
For the sentiment, I cut out the Lawn Fawn ‘Smile’ die twice and glued the layers together just to make it pop a bit more. I then stamped the second sentiment on some matching card and embossed with clear embossing powder for a bit of texture.
Finally I added a thin strip of gingham ribbon to the left side along with some yellow/white twine.
I quite like how this has turned out!
- Cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Embossing Folder – just a cheap one from eBay
- Memento Dew Drop Ink Pad in Espresso Truffle
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Vintage Photo, Wild Honey and Antique Linen
- Lawn Fawn stamp set and die set in ‘Summertime Charm‘
- Sharpie in metallic silver
- Promarkers in Yellow (Y657) Burgundy (R424) Maroon (M544) and Khaki (Y616)
- Lawn Fawn lawn cuts ‘Smile‘ Die
- Birthday sentiment from Paper Smooches in ‘Spiffy Scooters‘
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Tim Holtz Idea-logy Long Fasteners
- Red Gingham Adhesive Ribbon from The Works
- Yellow/White twine from The Works