This challenge was fairly straightforward – make a card for a bloke! The challenge was from The Male Room which I’ve just discovered and it’s an awesome blog centred around making cards for the male of the species (which can be tricky at times. The cards and the men.)
I just bought some movie-themed dies and stamps the other day so I thought this would be perfect for this card.
I cut out the popcorn and drink from red card and then again from white so I could piece them together for the proper stripey effect. I also coloured the popcorn in with Promarkers to get the toasted look.
The camera was cut from black and the tickets from white card, which I then coloured with Promarkers and stamped. these were stuck onto the card using 3D foam pads to give some dimension.
The sentiment had to be done from glitter card because… well just because. This was attached to black card to make it really stand out and stuck on with foam tape.
So I’m really pleased with this card! It’s for a man but to be honest I’d love it myself!
Materials used were…
- Fuzzy Lemon ‘Movie Collection’ dies in Film Camera, Movie Drink, Movie Popcorn and Let’s Party
- Ticket die and stamp from Lawn Fawn ‘Admit One’ stamp and die set
- Moustache paper from Simply Creative ‘My Guy’ paper pad
- Winsor & Newton Promarkers in Sunflower (Y156), Amber (O567 ), Denim Blue (C917) and Khaki (Y616)
- Ranger StazOn ink pad in Jet Black
- Dovecraft 3D Foam Pads & Squares
- Zig Memory System 2-Way Glue Pen