This card challenge from the MarkerPOP blog has to include stars or the Moon or a night scene. I looked forward to doing this one since it gave me chance to use my Altenew ‘to the moon’ stamp set which I love as it’s so realistic-looking.
I masked the moon shape out on my card and created the night-sky background using a combination of distress inks and memento dew drops as I don’t have all the colours I needed in distress inks. I quick-dried this with my embossing heat tool and then took the mask off. I used the first part of the stamp with memento ink and the second layer with the same but I stamped it on scrap paper first to get a lighter look.
I then just stamped the park bench and lamppost using StazOn ink; I went over the lamppost with my Wink of Stella clear pen but then didn’t like how the lamp itself wasn’t very visible so I used liquid pearls in gold pearl and my water brush pen and went inside the lamp just to give it a subtle yellow sheen. I then created some very distant stars using watered-down liquid pears in silver pearl and applied this with a toothbrush by flicking it over the card (I masked the moon again for this)
I put a navy blue piece of card stock through my die machine with an embossing folder to give a bit of a pattern and then attached this to a plain white card and then put my moon picture on to this so there was a border.
For the sentiment I used the Altenew stamp set again and stamped onto black card and embossed this with white powder. I added a strip of sparkly silver washi tape and then put the sentiment on top using 3D foam squares.
To finish I put a few incandescent rhinestones on.
I’m pleased with how this turned out – I love the colours!
- Card stock from Hobbycraft
- Sizzix ‘Swirly Stars’ embossing folder
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry and Wilted Violet
- Memento Dew Drop Inks in Tuxedo Black, Paris Dusk and London Fog (for the moon)
- Altenew ‘To The Moon’ stamp set
- Tsukineko StazOn jet black stamp pad
- Bench & Lamppost stamps from ebay
- Ranger Liquid Pearls in Gold Pearl and Silver Pearl
- Sparkly Silver Washi Tape from The Works
- Tsukineko EMBOSS clear stamp pad
- White embossing powder
- Wink of Stella brush pen in ‘clear’
- Docrafts 3mm incandescent adhesive stones
- Dovecraft 3D foam squares (5mmx5mm)