I have a load of challenges to do this week to keep myself occupied. Here is the first of the week.
It’s on The Card Concept and the theme is ‘pretty things’ with the inspiration given in this picture:-
I went with the black/white dots, gold stripes and pink theme and created this…
The border was stamped on using a stencil and a gold ink pad. The washi tape was used to create an edgy border for the dotted paper I had (which was perfect.) I decided to put some pink into it using a flower stamp, a small circle die and some distress inks. I added a bit of clear wink of stella for a bit of sparkle.
I wanted the sentiment to stand out so I cut the word out several times (6, to be exact) and glued them all together. I added a gold polka-dot washi tape so that the sentiment wouldn’t blend in too much and finally I added glossy accents on it to make it ‘pop.’
Materials used were:-
- Plain white cardstock from Hobbycraft
- Border stencil – Hunkydory ‘Safari Adventure’
- Gold Washi tapes from The Works
- Dotted Paper from Fine & Dandy paper pad by American Crafts
- Lawn Fawn lawn cuts ‘smile’ die
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks in spun sugar and picked raspberry
- Wink of Stella brush pen in ‘clear’
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Rhinestones from The Works