I have a friend down in London who I met years ago in Canada and have stayed in touch with. I haven’t seen him for about five years but love him to bits and occasionally like to remind him I’m always here for him with a bit of ‘snail mail’. I think it’s so much nicer to get something in the actual post rather than just an email to let people know you’re thinking of them. Obviously emails are really convenient and when we’re all so busy it’s hard to put pen to paper but when you get chance I think it’s important to give someone a something they can physically open and read rather than just stare at a screen.
So, with this is mind I made my friend a little card using a stamp set and some watercolours:-
I apologise yet again for my dodgy photography (bright light in the corner!) but you get the gist!
It’s a 7×5 card so I can write a nice long message inside. Just to say hello and that I’m thinking of him 🙂
Hope he likes it!
Materials I used are as follows:-
- My Favourite Things ‘London Mouse’ stamp set
- Lawn Fawn Scripty Smile Lawn Cuts die
- Spectrum Noir Aqua markers in Black, Scarlet, Crimson, Charcoal, Lime, Aquamarine and Orange
- Tim Holtz idea-ology Long Fasterners
- Memento Ink in London Fog for the grey background